The Radiant Store is one of the largest and most experienced providers of solar energy in New York State, having designed and installed many hundreds of systems since 2005. We take as much pride in our planning as we do in our execution. Our engineers call on years of experience when outlining how a system should be built, continually improving their design until they can be sure that its many components will operate at maximum efficiency.
Benefits of Solar through the Radiant Store:
- The sun’s energy is free and is available year round. You are resistant to hikes in prices of fossil fuels or future energy shortages.
- No subcontracting: from the initial site review, to the design of the system, to the actual installation, we perform all of our work in-house.
- Quality: our team of specialists combine years of experience and a passion for their work to ensure that your system operates with maximum efficiency.
- Aesthetically pleasing designs: today's solar panels are slimmer and more attractive than their bulky predecessors. Your system is designed with the finished product in mind, and carefully tailored to fit your aesthetic criteria, whether that means you'd prefer an array on the ground instead of the roof, or prominently displayed vs. something more subtle. We can even integrate the panels directly into your roof line, where they leave almost no profile.
- Service: every part we install comes with a five year extended warranty. We will promptly address any problem, should one arise after our work is complete.
- You will reduce your dependence on fossil fuels and help offset carbon emissions. Our planet's myriad environmental problems continue to worsen. By going solar, you will be doing your part to help combat these concerns and help to preserve the earth’s natural resources for future generations.
- Savings: you may place a great level of importance on the looming challenges facing our environment -- or, you may not. But often, regardless of their source, your concerns regarding the future must take a back seat to the ones facing you here in the present. Given that for most of us, these burdens are largely financial, it's natural to approach a long-term investment like solar with a simple cost-benefit analysis. The results are favorable: installing a solar system tends to generate enough savings to outperform other investments over the same period of time. For homeowners, a full return on their investment (ROI) is typically seen within 5 years, or fewer if heating their water with electricity. And businesses, farms and other commercial enterprises, especially those using large quantities of hot water, see an ROI in as little as 3-6 months. The graph shown below charts the savings you might expect in a 2-person household:
Q. What are the tax incentives?
A. There are both Federal and State tax credits.
The Federal Government is now offering a Federal tax credit of 30% of the cost of your system. Here in New York, there is also a State tax credit that is offered, which also up to 25% of the cost of your system. To find out more, see this overview of current incentives.